photo NavFB_zpsjwdb3bt3.png photo NavIG_zpskqcprcil.png photo NavTwit_zpsyhgy6hy6.png photo NavPin_zpskrv3u3lk.png photo NavBL_zps30om3pbh.png








11.19.2014

// Currently //


As always, life has been busy! This week it seems like there aren't enough hours in the day, so I haven't had much time to dedicate to this blog and create and photograph interesting posts. My friend Kelli did little survey post the other day I thought it looked fun! I always love getting random tidbits of people's lives so I figured you might enjoy it as well....

Making a list of gifts to buy for family and friends this Christmas! I love giving gifts and trying to think of unique and special ideas. 'Tis the season for giving!

Cooking healthy meals. I decided to join Weight Watchers because I've gained some weight and just really want to lose a few pounds and feel better about myself. I know it's going to be hard with the holidays, but I can do it! And all of you can help hold me accountable :) I have a few friends who also joined, which will be a big help. And it's the only thing I've had success with in the past.

Drinking Water! I try to drink at least 32oz while I'm at work everyday, plus a few cups of tea in the afternoon.

Reading your blogs! I'm in between books right now, but my friend and I are going to read Gone Girl and then go see the movie together when she's home from her Honeymoon.

Wanting to start decorating our house for Christmas! I know it's a bit early, but Thanksgiving is so late again this year I want as much time to soak up the holiday spirit as possible. Plus it would be fun to walk in the door to Christmas after Portland. BUT Andrew's family is staying at our house over Thanksgiving when we're gone, so I feel like I should leave the pumpkins out for them...

Looking forward to Thanksgiving next week! I am so excited to spend a few days with my family. It's my favorite holiday, nothing beats spending a few uninterrupted days with family. We cook, eat, drink, laugh, go for walks, visit, & soak up that time together as a family!

Playing Lord Huron on repeat. A friend told me about them a couple years ago, and they're so good. It's so mellow and easy to listen to and something about the dark and rainy weather makes me want to listen to that type of music. I think they're getting more well known too, they have a song in a commercial I keep seeing on TV.

Wasting time online reading blogs and browsing Pinterest. I need to get to work!

Sewing I'm not sewing anything, which reminds me I should bring my sewing machine down from my parents house. I used to make all my friends a baby blanket, I think I should start that tradition again!

Wishing I had more time off during the holidays. At my old company in Sacramento we were off Christmas Eve through January 2nd. It was incredible! I just want to go home and soak up as much time with my family as possible and spend lazy afternoons drinking latte's in my parents cozy living room.  

Enjoying My new part time job as a stylist for Stitch Fix, I am loving it! What an awesome company to be a part of! (This explains why I have no free time these days)!

Wondering if I'll have a new niece or nephew in March! I am so excited for my sister and her growing family. My nephew is the cutest thing ever, so either way I know I'm going to have another little one to obsess over and Phillip will be the best older brother!

Loving plaid! I am seriously obsessed. I just asked my mom to make me a plaid tree skirt for Christmas and there are about 25+ plaid scarves pinned on my style board right now. I want them all!

Hoping that I have a successful first week on Weight Watchers and that I can stick to this and reach my health & fitness goals.

Marveling at the fact that it's almost 2015. Seriously, where did this year go?

Needing to sit down and spend some time making Christmas gifts. I have a few things up my sleeves but they are going to take time, which is something I don't currently have a lot of.

Smelling rain!! California needed this so badly...and we need lots more! As weird as that is, I love the smell of 1st rain. Am I alone on that one?

Wearing My weekend outfit as Andrew calls it. An over sized cardigan with black skinny jeans and flats. Gotta love a casual office!

Noticing that a lot of my favorite bloggers don't blog anymore. It's sad (I miss Young House Love and The Doctors Fleming)! But also, I've kind of had a feeling this shift in the blogging world was coming. I only do it as a hobby, but even still it's hard to "keep up" up with the big name bloggers out there. Anyways, that's an entire post in itself, just something I've noticed/been thinking about lately.

Thinking I need to start making better use of my time. Time management isn't my biggest strength, and something I should work on.

Feeling excited for the weekend. Andrew and I have the whole day together on Saturday! I'm not sure what we'll be doing, but I'm really looking forward to it. We've been so busy, and I've been working on Stitch Fix a lot in the evenings, so I'm ready for some quality time with him!

Bookmarking a few fun things I wouldn't mind finding under the Christmas tree this year.

Confessing that I didn't get up for the gym this morning. I have the hardest time waking up early, but with my new work schedule that is the only time I can make it to the gym, so I need to stop being lazy and just get up!

Opening my new iPad! I got the new iPad Air as a Birthday gift from my office and I still haven't had time to set it up! I'm finally planning to get it set up on Thursday, it's killing Andrew that I've waited so long.


3 comments:

  1. What are you doing with Stitch Fix? do you work for them?? I can't decorate until after Thanksgiving....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the smell of first rain! I can sure can understand being so busy that Christmas projects are on the back burner. Mari and I used to blog too but there just seems no time lately. Enjoy your weekend snd have a super Thanksgiving!! It is my fav too! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool that you're working part time for stitch fix! I'd love to read a post about what that's like. I need to be better at getting in all my water throughout the day but I have no trouble remembering my afternoon tea lol

    ReplyDelete

09 10