photo NavFB_zpsjwdb3bt3.png photo NavIG_zpskqcprcil.png photo NavTwit_zpsyhgy6hy6.png photo NavPin_zpskrv3u3lk.png photo NavBL_zps30om3pbh.png








6.26.2014

World Cup - 2006


In honor of the World Cup fever that has taken over, I thought it would be fun to take a trip down memory lane. In 2006, I was lucky enough to spend a few months during the summer studying abroad in Rome, Italy. My time there happened to coincide with the 2006 FIFA World Cup, which Italy won! As you can imagine, it was an amazing experience to be there when they won, and be able to celebrate right along with them.

We lived in apartments only a short distance from the Vatican City. But the area had a very local, neighborhood vibe to it which I loved. My friends and I found a local pub that we frequented often, it was a hang out spot for locals but they accepted us into the crowd. We spent quite a bit of time there in the evenings after class, and figured it would be the perfect spot to watch the game.

It's so fun looking back at these pictures, what an amazing celebration! The only time I've experienced something similar was when the Giants won the 2012 World Series (sadly I didn't live here in 2010)! The streets were PACKED with people cheering, singing and celebrating Italy's victory. People were running on top of the cars parked in streets, spraying champagne on the crowds, hugging strangers...it was awesome.

Sorry for the poor picture quality, I just snapped pictures of my scrapbook with my iPhone!




Love this one: He's pointing to the 4th start he drew on his shirt because it was Italy's 4th Wold Cup Championship! 


This year, of course, I'm rooting for the USA! Looking forward to cheering them on in the next round! We've been watching the games at work....no complaints here!!


7 comments:

  1. I don't think there's ever a bad time to be in Italy, but it looks like this was an amazing experience! So awesome to be there when they won!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that had to be so fabulous!!! super jealous

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous, this looks incredible!

    xo. Kailagh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Italy was the best place I've ever visited! These pictures are amazing. Loved this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is an amazing experience!!! Have a great weekend girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, how awesome that you were there when they won the World Cup!! That is so cool.

    ReplyDelete

09 10