photo NavFB_zpsjwdb3bt3.png photo NavIG_zpskqcprcil.png photo NavTwit_zpsyhgy6hy6.png photo NavPin_zpskrv3u3lk.png photo NavBL_zps30om3pbh.png








9.25.2013

Fall To-Do List

1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6

I had so much fun with my Summer To Do List post and recap, I wanted to do it again for Fall! This is a long list, but I'm pretty confident we can accomplish most, if not all of these items!


Pumpkin Patch

Since my birthday is in October, Fall has always been my favorite season. There was one pumpkin patch in particular we would always go to. I haven't been to a pumpkin patch in at least 3 years, but this fall, I'm going to change that! I know of a few here in the city, but it would be even more fun to drive up to Marin County and go to a big, overly festive pumpkin patch, like one of these!

Carve Pumpkins

Again, it's been a few years since I've carved a pumpkin, but I think it would be a fun week-night get together with friends. Part of me thinks this is such a fun activity, but the other part of me hates the mess and the thought of reaching in and pulling out the seeds, ick. Maybe I should re-think this one being on the list...

Bake with Pumpkin & Apple

Notice a theme here?...I've already seen so many amazing pumpkin and apple recipes on Pinterest! I can't wait to try a few out. This pumpkin bread and these apple crisp muffins look especially delicious! 

Dress Up for Halloween

I love Halloween! It falls just a few days after my birthday, so it's always a fun time of year! Last year was the first in many years I didn't dress up, (we were too worried about the Giants winning the World Series!) so this year I hope we can go out in the city and dress up!  

Craft Project

I miss doing crafts. Before I moved to the city I used to scrapbook, and do craft projects all the time. My goal this fall is to work on at least one project because it's something I really enjoy.

Try a New Restaurant

Since we didn't really accomplish this one over summer, I'm adding it to the list for fall!

Tourist in SF for a day

This is something I've wanted to do since moving. I'd love to go to Alcatraz, walk over the Golden Gate Bridge, see the Ferry Building, go to Golden Gate Park, Dolores Park, and drink an Irish Coffee at The Buena Vista. OK fine, maybe a little shopping downtown too. (I can live without Pier 39).

Read Two Books

On our vacation, I fell back in love with reading. I hope to read two new books this fall. I'm thinking this one for sure, any other recommendations?

Friendsgiving

This was Andrew's idea, and I think it's a great one! We would like to host all of our friends for Thanksgiving  in November. I did this once in college, and it was so much fun! We have the perfect apartment for entertaining, and it just sounds like fun! 

Snail Mail

I love getting snail mail, and I want to make an effort to send a friend or family member a card to let them know I'm thinking of them. It's something so simple, and doesn't take much time, but makes a huge impact. It also goes with the theme of Thanksgiving and being thankful for the people in your life. 

Island DIY and Paint/Decorate Kitchen 

For over a year now, I've been wanting to paint and decorate our kitchen. It's the only room in the house I really dislike. I think a little paint and a few shelves will completely change the look and feel of the room. And since we spend so much time in there cooking, it's worth the effort. We also bought an island back in February that we still haven't spruced up, so I hope we can complete that project as well. 

Decorate for Fall

This one will probably be the first item checked off the list! I have two big tubs of fall decorations back home that my mom is bringing down this weekend! I can't wait to use it all again! 

Pick Apples

I think it would be so fun to get a group of friends together and go apple picking at an orchard somewhere! When I lived in the foothills, we were close to Apple Hill and would go when I was younger. It was always so much fun, and really helped get into the holiday spirit! But if all else fails, we have 4 apple trees in our backyard! 

Wine Tasting/Napa Trip

When I was at Sonoma State, my favorite time of year was fall. If you think the vineyards are beautiful during the spring and summer, image when all the rolling hills are covered in shades of red, orange and yellow! It's amazing, especially in the evening light. I can't wait to go take pictures, sip some wine, and enjoy living so close to wine country! 


That's one long list! But it's a pretty good one if you ask me! 

What's on your Fall To-Do List?


9 comments:

  1. love this. there are so many great new restaurants in the city i really need to catch up when i move back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it all sounds like fun! I was just telling my husband this last weekend we need to head up to Apple Hill :]

    Happy Thursday!
    XO Barbie
    The Parlor Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish that I could do some of this with you. That would be so fun!
    The pumpkin and apple recipes on Pinterest has been killing me! All I've been wanting to do is bake.
    And if you liked The Hunger Games, you should definitely add the Divergent series to your list. I'm on the second book right now and it's just as good as the first!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Accck, I haven't made one yet. Maybe this list will jump-start my creativity so that I can actually *plan* my fall to-do's!

    ~Emily
    http://www.theorangeslate.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are headed to Auburn/Apple Hill in two weeks!! I am excited never been to Apple Hill before!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this list girl! so many fun things on it. i may have to make one too :) xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your list! The pumpkin patches in Oklahoma are pretty lame, so that's a bummer. They just go around and dumb pumpkins IN the patch, but they don't actually grow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great list,. and I might copy some of your to-dos to my list. :) Great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

09 10