photo NavFB_zpsjwdb3bt3.png photo NavIG_zpskqcprcil.png photo NavTwit_zpsyhgy6hy6.png photo NavPin_zpskrv3u3lk.png photo NavBL_zps30om3pbh.png








3.28.2013

Perks of the Job...


Every job has its perks, and thankfully upon moving to San Francisco last year, I was able to find a job with quite a few.

I work in a small office, there are only 9 of us in the company. It's a family run business, and they made me feel like a part of that family from day one. I feel so lucky to have found this job when I moved, I think it made the transition of moving to the city much easier than if I were at a huge corporate office.

It's a great job and company with excellent benefits, and I love the people I work with. But I'm going to go ahead and say it...the biggest perk of my job is that they provide breakfast and lunch every day. (What can I say, I like to eat!) This has been huge for me with moving to San Francisco. The cost of living is extremely high here, and what I save on grocery bills every month has made all the difference. Not to mention, I've lost about fifteen pounds in the past year because we eat so healthy in the office. Saving money and losing weight, sounds like a good deal to me.




I've said it before, and I'll probably say it again, but I am a little nosey. Perhaps that is why I love reading blogs so much. I love reading about peoples day, their travels, what their eating, how they exercise. All of it. I thought there may be one or two readers out there (besides my parents) that feel the same way. So I figured I would share the details about the lunch provided daily at my office.

In addition to lunch, they also shop for breakfast and snack items as well, including Pete's coffee. We can order basically anything we want. But no one cares much about my Chobani yogurt or oatmeal, so I'll skip to good part.

Each day, we make a huge mixed green salad for everyone that's in the office. We also have a roasted deli meat, crackers, cheese, carrots, and a big fruit salad to go with it. It's pretty basic, but always hits the spot.




If you need variety, and don't like eating the same thing every day. This probably wouldn't be for you, since we eat basically the same thing each day. But hey, we mix it up once a week for Tuna Thursday! And we go all out for Birthday's too!

Anyways, I am so thankful that I can count on this healthful lunch each day. At the very least I know I'll always get my daily serving of fruit and veggies, even if it gets old some days.




Is anyone still reading?.... Do you pack your lunches for work or eat out most days? Have you ever worked somewhere that provided meals?





xoxo,

Theresa


3 comments:

  1. Yum! What an awesome perk :) That would be amazing to have lunch provided everyday. I know with me there are days where I would rather just have someone bring me something to eat just so I didn't have to decide haha

    Great Post!
    ps I am nosey too and love reading about things like this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not the only one! :) It is nice not having to think about what to bring for lunch or breakfast everyday. The only downside is sometimes I'd be nice to leave the office for a little break at lunchtime!

      Delete
  2. that is awesome! the school here also feeds us a bomb breakfast and lunch and while sometimes it's not that healthy with fried fish and lots of unhealthy spanish breads and stuff, there's always salad and it saves me sooooo much money!

    ReplyDelete

09 10