photo NavFB_zpsjwdb3bt3.png photo NavIG_zpskqcprcil.png photo NavTwit_zpsyhgy6hy6.png photo NavPin_zpskrv3u3lk.png photo NavBL_zps30om3pbh.png








3.29.2013

Adventures on Mt. Tamalpais


I've always loved being outdoors. When I was little I would always play outside: climbing trees, riding my bike, and exploring our property. My dad is an avid mountaineer and I spent my childhood going from one campground to the next. We'd go on backpacking trips, day hikes, and rock climbing. So it's no surprise, that I still love the outdoors.

View from West Point Inn on Mt. Tamalpais

Hiking is one of my favorite forms of exercise. What's not to love? It's so rewarding, with beautiful scenery along the trail, and breathtaking views at the summit. 

View of Lake Lagunitas from Mt. Tamalpais
Old Fire House on the summit of Mt. Tam

There are so many gorgeous areas in California to explore. And the bay area is home to many beautiful hiking trails, including one of my very favorites. 

Mt. Tamalpais is one of the most beautiful hikes I have done. It's not only a great workout, but the trail takes you through a beautiful wooded area, then above the tree line to the summit with an breathtaking panoramic view of the California coast. 

I first did this hike with my parents, and a family friend, I think it was back in 2003. I loved it so much, I ended up taking my college roommates and various friends up the trail three different times while I was at Sonoma State University. 





So of course, on one of Andrew's visits from San Diego, I introduced him to Mt. Tam.  We've always enjoyed hiking together, and I knew he would like this one. Especially because dogs are allowed on the trail, so we could bring Louis along as well. 


Check out that view of San Francisco! 
Try to ignore the power line obstructing the view

I'm sure there will be many more trips to the summit of Mt. Tamalpais in my future. The view is just too beautiful to miss. 

If you are in the bay area, I highly recommend hiking Mt. Tam. There are numerous trails you can take. This is my favorite trail head. I think next time we go up, we'll stop at the Mountain Home Inn for a burger and a glass of wine to reward ourselves for all of our hard work! 


If you're in the area, and don't have time for a day hike, you can also drive most of the way to the top, and take a short walk to see the views at the summit. 



What is your favorite hike?


I hope you all have a great weekend! 



xoxo,

Theresa

2 comments:

  1. I love hiking at Mt. Tam!! I'm shooting a wedding at the Mountain Home Inn later this summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a beautiful place for a wedding! Looking forward to seeing those pictures on your website :)

      Delete

09 10